Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas 2013














It's Christmas.

I like my chalkboard wall. It's still feels like a simple clutter-free way to decorate.


After I took the photo I added a magnetic calendar over the yellow chair. My friend had made a beautiful one at her house, and I wanted one too. Her's had a rustic red frame and was extra large - both made it look rich and more striking.

However, I opted for a cheap version. I went to GoodWill and found this for $3.99


And I put on command strips, flipped it over and stuck it on my wall. I used magic marker to outline the edges and bought the number stickers and nativity stickers at Hobby Lobby. I cut the tip off one of my star ornaments and hot glued it to a magnet. And this is the result:


Sorry the picture is a little blurry - the sticker details don't show well. But I'm happy with it.


I was low on decore for the tree, so I used some butterflies that will soon go to the Church Girl bathroom. I took leftover fabric from the chairs and put them in the frame and attached the butterflies. I also found $2 packet of name tag butterflies that I added to the tree.


And the matching chairs:



The livingroom as a whole:


In the kitchen I put two wreaths on the window and Tristan's nativity art:


In the Dining Room are the three trees on the windowsill.


And on the front door the wreath my mom made me. I love this wreath because it works for all winter long, not just Christmas. I simply left out any red, and that makes it winter vs. Christmas. I had these sage & white green floral things that my bridesmaids carried, and it was nice to find a place for them in my home.


And that's a tour of the Christmas decore!

No comments:

Post a Comment