Sunday, January 4, 2015

side table

I picked up this side table for $3 at goodwill. The primative lines seemed like it would make a good boy's bed table in an industrial room.


But I didn't need a bedside table, I needed a livingroom table, and this just didn't fit right. So I painted it with some metallic blend.


Along the seams I threw in a few nailhead trim tacks. It was simple because I used the existing crack and just tapped them in.


The middle is more gold and sides more silver. This wasn't intentional. I just painted at two different times so the mix turned out differently. It didn't seem to matter either way to me. But it does make a sidetable suitable for the livingroom now. I bought the character sketch books at a resale too. That made me happy and they tuck into this table quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment