Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Patio Set

This was the porch when we moved in


This was when Quentin and I painted the peach rug


This is how it looked the first summer, with my little bistro set all alone in the big room


And this is the wicker set I found on craigslist




I painted the wicker a dark brown. It was already painted - but a peachy-tan. So I didn't feel bad about covering it with a new coat and color.

There was a foam that came with the lounge. It was just bare foam. I bought fabric for that, and to cover my old clearance outdoor pillows (which was the handiwork of my mother, of course). But for the existing cushions on the chairs and couch, I just painted right over the slick outdoor fabric. I can't believe how well it worked. Perfect fabric for painting.

Here it is...
(I had a smaller square coffee table, which I liked better, but I needed it for kids to eat at, so got this oval table at goodwill. I'm thinking of painting it yellow for some fun...)


Here are some other shots


I had the picture frame that I made out of $.29 scrap wood. It was in my livingroom, blue, but needed to go elsewhere, so I changed to color and put it out here




It's not actually hung crooked - that's just the shot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment