Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bathroom Vanity

My bathroom vanity was chipped and needed touch up paint.

But why do maintenance when you can create something new?

Marriage Epiphany here:

This never ceases to shock our marriage. My husband would blink and say "Why reinvent the wheel? It's not efficient to start over," and I would blink and say, "What? You're spending time to continue as is when for the same effort you could have something new?"

In real life this is how it looks. The closet is a mess. So I empty it, clean it thouroughly and completely rearrange while doing so - same time but adding some interest to the work.

In real life for my husband, the closet is a mess, so he carefully remembers where things are, cleans it out and puts everything away as should be and is glad that no one is confused about where to find the toilet paper or light bulbs.

I have people hollering at me "WHERE DID YOU MOVE THE TOILET PAPER?!" as a result of my creative tendencies.

Aren't people interesting?
But I digress. Because my vanity was dingy and scuffed I did it in a new color. Voila. Much more fun than touch up paint.


 
Not the best quality photos - sorry. But it was about a 15-20 minute project. Touch up would have been 5. But this was a coat of white bonding primer so that I didn't have to sand, followed by a messy rub down of three grays that were squirted on a Styrofoam plate. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment