Friday, October 16, 2015

Dressers

 
Here are a pile of dresser makeovers
 
 

 
Calmed down the spray painted black of that dresser with some flat black craft paint and gold spray paint to make the charm of the curves stand out.
 
This next one was a lot of tedious work, but I tend to love the time consuming ones more!
 

 
I tried sanding out the scratch on the top of this one. The other dressers had easy mars like cup ring stains on the top. But this had a nasty gouge. So I sanded away.
 



One of the handles was missing so I replaced it with some I had. But I refinished the dresser in a gray and white shabby chic style and the handles were modern and industrial. It was a bad combination. 



So I did some metallic over it all and went for the faux zinc. I need one finishing smooth dry brushed coat to make the dresser look right but I wondered if it would sell as is and maybe I don't care. We will see. If it doesn't sell right away I'll have time to give it that last layer and then I will like it :)

 
Next, was a night stand. Simple and sweet.
 
 
This dresser I was going to resell as is, but it got a scratch on the top when I was hauling it in the van. And then one handle was lost (you'll see it missing in picture below, but I didn't want to wait to take the picture so oh well)
 
 

 
 
Since I had to paint it, but liked the wood and it was in good condition most places - I just painted part of it in gray and some black distressing. I sort of liked this style as a modern and older quality piece... would be fun with trendy antler art above. Or a little southwestern flair like a cowhide rug and Aztec throw pillows.
 
 
 
So that was my last effort of furniture flipping before the cold weather. Goodbye autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment