Monday, October 12, 2015

Minecraft Party

This is a good spot to put the birthday party photos from April too

My son wanted a "minecraft-lego" party, those two elements specifically combined.

 
 
The cake was created by my talented exchange student. She used a lego to make the imprints on her fondant so that it would combine "Stampy Longnose" and "Steve" and Legos. It's going to be hard to make cakes after my boys got used to her special creations.

 
My boy was thrilled. He and his brothers also loved making their own decore for the party.


 
These guys seem a bit creepy, but birthday boy was proud of them.



I kept party favors simple. Didn't try to match the theme, which I do sometimes. Just a jar full of squirt guns for them to all take home.

 
We did minecraft posters and word art for the rest of the decore. And big balloons - though my son pointed out that round shapes don't happen in minecraft.

 
The game is what made the party a hit though. We have tons of duplo legos, which I named various components of minecraft (red is lava, blue was water, green was leaves, and then I forget what colors nether and other unfamiliar words were). It was a large group of kids so they were in several teams and had to stack their own 6 layers of lego to win. (My son was turning 6)
 
The trick was, you had to stay together as a group because the ender dragon (is that what its called?) which was Papa, would be able to send you back to the starting line if he caught someone on your team. To protect yourself, the whole team had to hold hands in order to be spared from the dragon.
 
This help the kids to run all over our huge lawn without the little ones being left behind. The teams really worked together with as a team, studying their clipboards and stacking their six elements.





We had some minecraft art time somewhere during the party too. It made a happy birthday boy, but I'll admit, big parties with a lot of kids is rather exhausting!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment