Friday, March 31, 2017

Furniture

This is my first time using my phone to post

A lot more simple to add photos
A lot less inspiring to type

It's spring and I'm excited but apprehensive about the busy
My calendar has its steady flow and then vomits all over itself in the spring season. There are just a lot of important people and traditions that all happen. If I would have planned better I would have scooted the birthdays of my sons outside of this wedge of dates. But. I did not.

With spring and the new fresh comes my desire to simplify the house and let more sunshine and space into life. Maybe the hectic is a good reminder of how simple I want my home to be. But it's also a bad time to minimalize because unfortunately I'm not very natural at less. So I have to concentrate and be intentional.

I also need creative time. To make. And that has been furniture again.
I'll show you some before and after.

And lament a bit
About how much I want to use my life and time to make a difference to those in distress and poverty. A great deal of the world. I live in the tiny fraction of comfort. And just settle down and want to try wallpaper for the fun of it.

And I dooo want to try wallpaper. And I do want to plant flowers and paint old beds and create.

But I want to make my life count for more then being busy to the last inch of the day on fluff and nonsense.

So. For now I decided that flipping furniture for money for an organization that works to stop human trafficking is a worth time spender. And gives me a creative outlet. Hence. That is where I'm at for now.

This dresser was nasty at the base and full of yellow smoke stains







These two purple bedstands were a scruffy purple. And they got the regular gray coat too.




You can see how yellow with smoke this one is. It was originally a white one! Isn't that soooo gross!!! It took a lot of cleaning and sealing to be usable again. The dresser was the same way. But the gorgeous details made it worth it. 





I bought this frame with an olive green oil painting for 50 cents. I repainted it abstract and sold it.


This set of side tables and coffee table had seen better days. They got the weathered gray treatment with the rest.





I just painted the back white and called this good. 


And a bit of white to this darling too.


This one just had a smokey gray and it transformed.


This dresser was so old and beat up but when finished I loved the character and quality so much that I'm keeping it. 




I can't find my before photo but this dresser below was missing one drawer and a cherry wood that looked oh so different. I made a shelf in it instead of the drawers and it turned out rather nice.


This one I don't have the before picture either


Hmmm... I was sure I had a before photo for this...




I took two totally unmatching ones and called them a his and hers




Anyway. That sums up my flips for now. ta-ta. 




No comments:

Post a Comment