Thursday, March 21, 2013

Guest Bath

This was my first project in the house, and it's still not quite finished. It's a very tiny bathroom and the wallpaper reminded me of a dentist office.

When I took it down - this is what was underneath. (Notice the ugly light fixture too)


I painted with random neutral paint. I wanted to rewallpaper (something non-busy like grasscloth etc) but a quick paint job made the most time and money sence.

I bought an outdoor light fixture for about $30 from Home Depot

The mirror was at one of those discount stores (like a TJ Maxx, only called Tuesday Morning). The mirror was actually with bright green highlights, but I just repainted to be orange to match my color scheme. I had to use blue because the tile in the shower is blue and the counter top was blue. (In my ideal home I wouldn't use this sink...)

Blue and orange are opposites on the color wheel, so that make a simple color solution for a tiny bathroom.

I painted the vanity and actually painted the shower and faucet handles from the bright gold to a silver. It calmed it down.

I hung a blank frame on the wall and drew a bike right unto the wall with a washable marker.

And that summed up the bathroom transformation...



I made wall art from some rocks I had found in France. The art says "One less rock, one more voice." It is a reminder from a song. The lyrics are based on the Bible verse where Jesus said that His worthiness demands glory and praise and that if humans will not give it, even the very rocks will cry out.

But I don't want the rocks to do my job that I was created for.


And one more look at the bathroom (I don't have very good photos/colors for this room. It wasn't good lighting and I didn't have the right lens on, but oh well. This is what you get.)

No comments:

Post a Comment